Home Insurance

Home Insurance

Home insurance, or homeowner's insurance as it is commonly called, covers you with financial protection for your home and your personal belongings. If your home is financed, your lender will require you to have home insurance in the state of Pennsylvania until it is paid off. Afterward, it is a good idea to keep home insurance at all times because you never know when you will need a portion of the policy to cover you.

What Types of Things Does Home Insurance Cover?

A home insurance policy in Pennsylvania covers your dwelling as well as other structures on your property, such as storage sheds and garages, as well as your personal property, and it has a liability portion also.

Home insurance policies most often cover any damages by lightning strikes, fire, windstorms, and hail damages. Your home and other items attached to your homes, such as a garage or a deck are covered as well as the other structures such as a fence, tool shed or detached garage.

The personal protection portion of a home insurance policy covers the theft of your items from your home as well as vandalism. And it also includes you if a fire damages your belongings. You can purchase extended protection for valuable items such as jewelry and artwork.

The liability protection potion will payout to another person that is hurt while on your property to cover their injuries, medical bills, and loss of work, and it will also cover your legal expenses if you are at fault. This portion of your policy from The Hibsman Agency is invaluable in the case that someone could sue you for a considerable amount of money if they are injured on your property or your dog bites them.

We realize at The Hibsman Agency that it can be confusing when you are buying homeowner's insurance, but we are here to help you. You can use our online rating tool to get started on a quote or come by the office to speak to a knowledgeable agent about your home insurance.