Auto Insurance

Auto Insurance

What is the State Minimum Auto Insurance?

In the state of Pennsylvania, you are required to have minimum property liability and personal injury protection insurance in order to drive your vehicle on the state roads and highways. The policy is expressed as 15/30/5, meaning that you need at least $15,000 of personal injury protection per person and $30,000 per incident, and $5,000 of property damage liability insurance to comply with the law.

How Does Personal Injury Protection Work?

Personal injury protection insurance from The Hibsman Agency covers your part of any medical expenses and lost wages resulting from an auto accident. It also includes your child and all member of your household, your child while they are on a school bus, yourself when you are a pedestrian or riding a bicycle and are involved in an accident, and any other passengers in your car who don't have their own PIP insurance.

What are Other Types of Auto Insurance?

The state minimum liability insurance does not cover any damages to your vehicle. You can add comprehensive coverage to pay for damages to your car that is not accident-related, such as hail damage or a falling limb. Pennsylvania's collision insurance will pay to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged in a collision. Uninsured and underinsured motorist will pay for your damages to your car and your medical payments if you are in an accident and the other driver has either no insurance or not enough to cover your losses.

Choosing the correct amount of auto insurance can be tricky, and at The Hibsman Agency, we are here to help you. You can use our online rating tool to get started on a quote, call us or come by the office to speak with one of our knowledgeable agents for all of your auto insurance needs.